Wednesday 17 April 2013

the print space - My Prints

Now that I have finally been through my long process of editing my Images down to a Final 10, I am now ready to send of to get them printed. 

The brief for this module, and as i have mentioned many times, says that I need to have 'normally' "10-20 Exhibition Standard Prints".  And as far as I'm aware, the print space, are probably to top top around this area.  I have sent images to theprintspace before and have actually visited the building gallery and printing shop before back when I was in College.  They have a very high standard for their prints and they take a lot of pride and pleasure with the prints that get sent to them.  

Money is quite difficult for this module this year but what else could I expect for my Final Exhibition Year at University !!  I knew that we would have to be spending big for our prints and work to look the best it could be.  Because I know that I want my images to be the best they can be I definitely chose theprintspace to print my finals.  Here I have included some print screens off my order. 

The image above shows all of my 10 prints edited and ready to be sent off to theprintspace. I have chosen to print all of my 10 images at A4 size because this is a standard size to submit with.  One all of my images were sized correctly I could upload them to the size I wanted.  The image below shows an print screen of what paper I chose for my prints.  I went for C-Type 'Matt' Paper.  I chose Matt paper instead of Glossy because my images have a lot of black on, the majority of the image is black, I didn't want the print to be too reflective.  Hopefully with the Matt Paper Type they shouldn't be shiny but the blacks in my images will still be a deep black.   

I have not yet received my prints back in the post but when I do I shall upload a new post of what they have turned out like.  I think that I have really enjoyed working with the body and motion long exposures, and thats why I really am hoping they look as good as a print because I think they look great on screen.  Just have  to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment