Monday 8 April 2013

Editing Down Process ( II ) : 14 / 12 Finals

All of these Images Here have been Edited and finalised as a set of 14 for now. 

Now that I have taken away and rejected the painting with LED lights images, it now looks more like a photographic 'set' of images.  I actually would be perfectly happy to leave it at these final 14.
I think that they fit well together and show a range of moves that look creative and unique.

So at this point in my editing down process I have:
8 images with my model wearing Black,
4 images with my model wearing Red, and
2 images with my model wearing Blue.


Like I mentioned before, these 14 as finals would be fine in my eyes.  I like all of them and think they each hold something different.  There are not two images that are too similar to one another and there shows a long exposure of a pole dancer,  in a unique and slightly different way.

The only thing I would consider doing from this point onwards is deciding whether I should take out two of the 'Red' images and to make it a final 12.  12 Images would be even easier to handle and work with and it would only be cutting two.  I think this should be something that should happen because then the two Blue coloured images wouldn't seem as odd, if there were two blue and two reds and the rest black it may fit in easier.

Rejecting two Reds
I think that the project would work better if there were just two reds and two blues, but at the moment, with 14 images I have 4 reds and two blues.  The two images that I would cut out and rejecte if I had to rid of two reds would be the bottom two reds in the above image.  I would do this because the image with the legs in the air, there are a few other with legs high in the air.  And the other bottom red image would be because I kind of stands out as being odd, even though I like it, It stands out too much. This is something that will happen in the next editing down process.

No comments:

Post a Comment