Saturday 6 April 2013

Rejected Photos ( I ) : from 25 - 14

This post is to show my rejected work so far and why it had been rejected from the rest of the series.  I said in the first editing down process that 25 images is too many to have for the set brief for this module and it would be harder to handle for printing purposes. Cutting down would have had to be done. Too see the difference in what photos I have cut out you can look back at the post before this one which shows the first 25 picked images.  The photos here are the 11 rejected photos to make the 14 finals.

The first image to be rejected (top left) was taken out purely because compared to the other positions and moves that me and my model came up with, this one looks too simple.  What I like about this photo was the fact she wore a black vest top, it almost seemed as if the section in the middle was invisible, but still not as creative as some of the other moves.  The second rejected image (top right) was rejected because it stood out as off compared to the rest in the series, most of the others use motion in more of the frame and this one doesn't as much, it is also cut out because her face is a bit too far to the edge of frame and may be cut off slightly.
first >    REJECTED WORK    < second
The third image to be rejected (below left) is one I called the teardrop shape, and still quite like as an image on its own, but again it was rejected because it was a bit too simple and obvious compared to some other which use more creative moves and motions. The fourth image to be rejected (below right) has been rejected because there was another image chosen which was exactly the same move but the arms on the outside edges were extended and straight whereas here they are bent, I thought the straight arm one was better so rejected this one.
third >    REJECTED WORK    < fourth 
The fifth rejected image (below left) was rejected because I had too many other better moves that had the legs extended high to the top of the frame, and also because I have used another image which is the same move but without the legs down the bottom.  The sixth rejected image (below right) is actually one that I really like, but there was another image exactly the same move but the legs were higher, meaning the move was in more of the whole frame, which I agreed is better for viewing purposes.
fifth >    REJECTED WORK    < sixth
The seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth and eleventh images to be rejected were all of the 5 LED lights images that I really wanted to include at first.  The reason for rejected to include these images into the body of work is because they are different to the ideas that I had and the other images from the shoot shows more body movements, motion, dance and shapes, which are all things that painting with light could have shown too.  But another reason to reject this work is because I really wish I had turned my light source softbox back on the this part of the shoot.  It would have looked better with the LED lights if you could see the dancer better.  If I had changed the lighting and I could see the dancers moves, it would then show what I wanted to show.  But the lights was a test anyway to see if it would work next to my main ideas of the motion long exposures which I have done more of.
REJECTED WORK

No comments:

Post a Comment