Friday 5 April 2013

Editing Down Process ( I ) : 25 Finals

So from the Photo shoot I have around 105 Images to choose from, and as I said before I am happy with how the shoot went and think the result looks great, it fits in perfectly with my motion ideas and working with the body and shapes. 105 is quite a lot of images to narrow down, but from the contact sheets I chose my favourite ones and then picked out the best from the whole shoot.

The first editing process I worked on around the brief which says that I need to have '10-20 exhibition standard prints', so I thought Id aim for 20 as my first selection process.  This I managed to do quite easily with the help of my family who helped me to be quite critical about some of the moves and individual images.  I had the whole shoot up as a slideshow on my computer and chose the most striking positions on the pole and the moves that created the best looking movements.

Here below are the final '20' Body Movement Images from the whole shoot of 105 images.  The reason I have 25 images here is because I also chose the best images from the Light painting shoot and decided that I wanted to print these images too and involve them as part of the series.



I have used 13 images of the model wearing Black,
I have used 5 images of the model wearing Red, and
I have used only 2 images of the model wearing Blue. 
I have also used 5 images of the model wearing the lights. 

I like that I had used some of the colour images as part of me thinks they stand out more than the black ones.  But another part of me think that the black clothing images concentrate on the body more and shows an exaggeration of the motions because you don't get distracted by the colours.  As far as the painting with light LED, images go, I just think they would look fantastic blown up big and would be quite striking looking at how the circles were made, this is the main reason as to why I really wanted to include them.  If I choose not to include them I would love to re-shoot just LED images and have it as a separate series for Portfolio basis.  I am happy with this set of 25 Images but have a feeling I will need to cut them down.  25 is too much to deal with and I have to think about printing purposes as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment