Friday 19 April 2013

"Pole Motion" Final - 1


I really like the positioning of her body in this image.  It looks elegant, the way her legs are pointed out and nice and high and her arms go round to form a dish shape.  I look for shapes a lot in motion photography and try to pick out what looks good and eye catching.  I like that because she is wearing a black vest top, her middle section looks almost invisible, I think its what I like best about this particular image of the series.  Because you can tell that she is upside down on the pole you know she must be holding onto the pole with her legs, but it almost seems as if she is jus floating there. 
What I also really like about this, is the fact that you can still see the pole quite clearly through the middle.  I honestly thought that the movements around the pole would make quite think lines across the from of the pole, but due to it being my focus point, it sees through the movements.  It gives a ghostly elegance to the move and creates a difference to the norm of dance.  Pole dancing can be very beautiful too.  One more thing to add is how symmetrical this type of effect it, so what I look for in my images is a symmetrical image that sits will on the pole and show a beautiful motion with the body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment