Sunday 14 April 2013

My FINaL 10 Images

After all the hard work and Editing Process of narrowing my images down from 105 to just 10, I have finally done it and I am happy.  When I originally started this project and moved onto my Dance idea, I would have never of thought these would have been my outcome but I think I chose a topic that suits me and my style of work and I have enjoyed it.

Here are the exact edited Final 10 images of my "Pole Motion" Series and Portfolio for this Module.  I have displayed them like this together because I think that they work well next to each other so you can see the true beauty of the motions around the pole. They compliment each other and its nice to see how different one move can make. 

Evaluation on my Whole Project Series
The way I started this module was from looking back on a very successful series I produced of the Nude's in my first year, which I produced on location.  I think because these were successful I wanted to improve on them and extend, I looked into the body in depth, and how the human 'form' can create so many different shapes.  Dance started by thinking of a way the create beautiful movements with the body and of course dance shows the true beauty of the human form through different expressions, shapes and movement, and is exactly why I followed that route.  Motions within dance and the body can really produce creative work, dating back in history right through, nude phases and up until the now. This is something I have always been interested in but never got round to following it up, so for this project I wanted motion and movements to be my main focus and soon enough, connecting dance and motions together brings my long exposures.  Im surprised really that I hadn't thought of long exposures from the beginning of this module.  If I had, I would have many different shoots, with different colours and ideas.  Researching into long exposures always fascinates me, but it was Bill Wadman's work that struck me straight away and stayed with me for the entire project. 
I was fascinated at how his motions of the dancers have so much flow and smoothness, so I followed this up and produced my own ideas and created a twist to the norm dance and have Pole dance.  I love how long exposures can really show so much as well as not showing much.  I've captured the moves and motion going round the pole again and again and every time the moves fascinate me as the possibilities keep going.  I would like to think that I have created some different and unique motions around a Pole, and that the shapes, look truly beautiful.  I personally think they are interesting to look at as you start to see the move go round inside your head whilst looking at them. The motions could have been faster for each one because then the blur would be thicker and the they would all appear a lot smoother than they are.  But with re shoots for this in my spare time I will create even more and maybe try and find new shapes and motions.  As a whole series I think they work great together, they compliment each other and they are all spinning elegance. 

I have included each individual image here too;
Each image will be Critically Evaluated by myself Individually. 










No comments:

Post a Comment