Friday 12 April 2013

Rejected Photos ( II ) : from 14 - 10

In the previous Editing Down Process 3 Post, I showed phone pictures of when I hand rejected 4 images from the series of 14 images to 10.  The reason for cutting the four images was because of the printing purposes.  The exhibition standard prints that I am getting will cost quite a bit so, I wanted to make my series of images 10 instead of 14 so its a little bit cheaper.

I had already edited and finalised the 14 photos so that they were exactly how I wanted them and then I had the hard job then of trying to decide what four images I would take out of a set of 14 images that I really like, its always annoying taking out an image that you like from a project.  But I have managed to do it and here on this post are the Four Last Rejection Photos.

The first image (top left) has been rejected because when I looked at this image compared to the rest of the images, it looked as if it was in sharper focus.  Although all the images are blurred in the long exposure, this image looks sharper and stands out, the reason for it being sharper is possibly the speed in which my model was going round the pole, it is a tight in move which makes her still for longer.  Its a shame, because I really like this image, especially to show The Body & Motion.

The second image (top right) has been rejected for similar reason to the first, although for this image I decided that my model was too low to the bottom of the pole.  The red line of the bra colour looks great and I like the move and position and the motion but if she was a bit higher it would have looked better.  I also have another image in the final 10 that is the same move higher up on the pole but in black instead of colour.  I think these two top images next to each other look great so its a shame they are not in the series.  
first   >   REJECTED WORK   <   second
The third image (bottom left) has been rejected because the model is too high on the pole.  This could partly be down to me as photographer but due to the angle and size of studio, I could not go any higher, therefore i would have needed this move to be lower on the pole to get the full circle of her feet in frame.  I had already cut our the other move that was similar to this before, so now, this move is not included within the series, I like the move, but the full circle would have looked good.

The fourth and final rejected image (bottom right) has been rejected because it was voted as the odd one.  There are better moves within the final 10, and this one isn't really noticeable that it's not in the series.  I do like the move and the position is quite funky, but I need to make sure I had 10 finals, so one more definitely had to go and I was happier with the other choices.
third   >   REJECTED WORK   <   fourth
When I look at these four Edited Images, I still feel as if I really like them even though they are rejected from the series now.  At least I now have 2 reds, 2 blues and 6 blacks within the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment