Monday 18 March 2013

Super Bright LED Lights

So I can definitely say that going to get the Super Bright LED lights was the best idea, they make the first LED light seem so weak.  These little bulbs are a lot brighter and stronger as a light.  They move very well in the dark and shine up perfectly.

We had to figure out some kind of way of connecting the battery and wires of the LED light bulb so that it works, but in a way that won't be noticeable in the long exposure image. My handy man Dad helped me out with this and made a connection between battery and bulb and taped it up all together with the on/off switch one end and the light on the other.  The plan is to attach it like a bracelet and tape it to my models arms and legs or other body parts.  Here are three sets of images below of the LED lights that I have for the shoot, and they look great considering how small they are.




Here I have my sister standing in front of my black backdrop in my studio and we were just testing the lights to see if they are good to use for the shoot.  I have two bright Blue LED lights and two bright Green LED lights.  Both great colours for shining up in a photo.   The lines are definitely stronger than the images before with the first LED lights.

These photos below have only a small amount of natural daylight coming in from the window and the rest of the windows are blacked out.  I like the colour of the natural daylight but I would probably end up blacking out the whole of the window and using a soft light as my main light source for the body movements, and it should be dark enough in the room for the lights to show up perfectly.

These were the test shots before the pole was put up in the studio room again and was quite obviously before the shoot day too.  I will be having the pole in the centre of the room as it is the main subject and focusing point.  I want to see what the LED lights will look like going around the pole, so that will be the next test shoot before I have the Claire come in for the real long exposure shoot.


With a few of these bottom images I used a flash to see what it would look like if I set the flash off whilst my sister was drawing in the air.  I already knew what it was going to look like, because the flash freezes the subject, but I thought it was quite interesting to see the difference compared to the other images.  But this this also brings me to my next small problem ... the floor.   

No comments:

Post a Comment