Friday 15 March 2013

My 'First' LED Lights

I am still unsure on whether I will even use the LED lights in my shoot, as the main ideas are trying to capture the body movements and motion in the work similar to Bill Wadman's work, but I still wanted to have the lights there just so I can try and do at least one image like John Spence's work.

I asked for assistance from my family about the LED light source that I wanted to use for my shoots, and my dad, is a handy man for almost anything and found a small LED light in Maplin's.  As soon as he showed me it he asked if it was bright enough as they did do 'super bright LED'S', and he picked up the normal ones to begin with.  I went straight up to my studio and tested them against the black, not with any major lighting source but just to see how bright the actual LED light is.

I have different colour of these set of lights and they are bright enough but when moved quickly the line goes very thin. The different colours are shown here below and you can see how small the small bulbs are.

PHOTO OF THE FIRST SET OF LED LIGHTS !!!!



Here above are four tests against the black without lighting showing how strong the light source is, Its fine when its on it own in complete darkness because it shines quite bright, but below, shows two quick shots of my dad with the light in front of him and you can see that the lines runs quite thin when moved fast.  This has made me think that maybe the light isn't bright enough and wouldn't be bright enough to travel fast around a pole movement.  I will probably get the super bright LED lights instead of these first ones, but it was good that I was able to test it and see that it wasn't bright enough before using them for the shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment