Friday 8 February 2013

Thinking about a Title

Thinking about a title for this Major Practical Project is going back to the feedback e-mail that I received from my Tutor after my proposal hand-in.  I listed a number of bullet points from the e-mail notifying myself of what I needed to complete to get on track.

My Tutor mentioned how I am working with a very interesting topic area and that there is many different ways possible to go with a topic like this, but also mentioned how;
"firstly, spending some time thinking about a title is really important, as it makes a big impact of how the project is read".

He also goes on to say that I need to narrow down the research to refine my visual style within the work.  I have briefly mentioned this in previous posts but I am currently on the narrowing down process in my research at the moment.

My Project Title

So, I have throughout my research so far, I have looked at nude & body photography, dance photography and am starting to look further into motion and slow motion photography, so my initial ideas for a title are;
'Body Movements'  or   'Body Motion'

But I think that these initial titles are maybe a little bit too simple, so I might go for;
'Body, Mind & Motion'

The reason for this last option is because within my mixed media project I have researched and looked into the connection between the body and mind, this is something that I can link to this project.  I also think that including the words 'body and mind' is a way to make viewers think about the images more and think about how the body moves throughout dance, which is what I am trying to show.  So I think this last option is what I will stick with at the moment.
I'd like to think that with a title like 'Body, Mind & Motion', the whole project would be read as a study into the body movements throughout dance, the mind connecting with dance and the motion used within the process of dance.  These are the three objectives that I am trying to convey so therefore the title would seem appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment