Sunday 3 February 2013

Inter-linking Module's

At the beginning of my first term this University year, I had already had lots of ideas for this project floating around my head, ideas that have developed throughout my previous two years.  But one thing that was mentioned to us at the very beginning was that we could inter-link our projects together to make it a bit easier for us.  I thought that this was a great idea for me as I already knew that it would help me a lot on research purposes.  Having a similar idea for both my Major Practical Project and my Mixed Media assignments means that I will have a lot of research to back both projects and therefore makes looking for artists and photographers with similar ideas to my own, that bit easier.

The Actual Link
My main idea for this project was to develop from my rather successful nude images I created within my first year.  The nude images were on locations, one set inside a house by a window and the other set in a garden.  I really liked them and thought that they were great for giving me my initial style of work as it is a genre I am very interested in. Anyway, I wasn't exactly sure that I wanted to create more nude images for this project or to just work from them to a similar style, so my ideas changed into looking into the 'body' and 'body movements'.  Working with the human body and its shapes, tones and movements with nude, so that I am still exploring the look of the body through a nude/artistic and photographic way.

So, the link between the two projects is that one is purely photographic, this Major Practical Project, and the other includes the works of different medias, Mixed Media Project.  So i've decided to use the same topic of 'body & body movement' for both projects but to have different outcomes that look completely different.  Because of body movements, I have looked into dance photography and linking the body in with dance.  This is one big link in the topic I have chosen as dance is also one of the main focuses as well as the body as a shape and movements.  Here are what the two outcomes will hopefully be, ideas may change along the way:

Mixed Media: I am creating a short dance film, including one or more dancer/s that will be filmed from different angles and compositions or from a still camera, to create a 2/3 minute film, showing slow motion movements of how the body moves.

Major Practical Project: I will create a series of roughly 10 images showing either dance portraits or working with motion and motion photography of how a dancer moves, and capturing them in creative imagery.

The two projects will link through possibly using the same dancer for both.  This shouldn't be a problem as both project's outcomes and final creations will look completely different from one another. The same topic and similar styles will help with research as I may be able to use the same artists work to show but use them for looking at different aspects, for example; watching a dance film could give me an idea for a final image in my photo project whereas, looking at a certain angle of a photograph could give me an idea for my film.

Creating two similar-ish projects will also help my professional side to my photography as it will help me to create my 'style' of work in 'Suzi-Rae Photography'.

No comments:

Post a Comment