Friday 8 February 2013

How 'Motion' fits in with My Ideas

As mentioned before in my Inter-linking post, my ideas consist of Motion, Body movements & Dance.

The question of; How does 'Motion' fit in with my ideas ??
I have a quite simple answer for this and it has been proved with some of my previous posts on this blog about the history of motion photography and the body in art photography.  I also have post of how my ideas have moved onto dance as a theme...
Dance, is a quite obvious way of showing how the body moves - so therefore is a great way of showing this in both of my projects.  Motion of the body will be shown using dance photography and dance filming.  The dancer/s will perform movements that I will capture in my creative photography ideas.

My idea so far has come from watching a short dance film in my mixed media project.  I have looked at many dance portraits and looked into motion photography, so the next step is more research into more dance photography and slow motion dance movements.  The slow motion will be great for showing what I am trying to achieve so I will consider focusing on the slow motion side.

So, the motion fits in perfectly as my ideas are basically motion photography.  I will show plenty more inspiration of artists and photographers with similar work of dance photography, slow motion photography and working with motion within photography, with all of these I will also, emphasise on the body shapes, tones and movements that the body can make whilst dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment