Sunday 3 February 2013

Overlook of the Module Objectives

So, this is just a blog post to reassure me of exactly what I need to do and what I need to have for the final hand in for this assignment.  I like to have a list of everything so that I can scroll back and use it almost like a tick list so I know I'm staying on track.  I was only going to list the module outcomes, but I'm going to run through everything that I need to do from the original brief, in simple bullet points as it's much simpler to read quickly. =)

Assignment Context:
  • Submit a Portfolio of normally 10-20 Exhibition Standard prints, relating to the set theme,
  • Have a copy of all images on DVD/CD, photographed and processed by me, 
  • Images demonstrating acquired skills relating to my advanced photographic practice, 
  • Portfolio is an Open Brief with a Critical Journal as a Blog (this blog), 
  • Brief is down to me, explore other photographers that have done similar themes,
  • Acknowledge other photographers work in my Critical Journal Blog, 
  • The marks will be given at the Sidney Cooper Graduate Show.

Critical Journal:
  • A written Statement of Intent (200-400words max), 
  • Supporting Materials,
  • Writings / Jottings / Influences,
  • Test Strips / Contact Sheets, 
  • Any rejected work,
  • A critical Evaluation of Portfolio (one or two sentences per image),
  • Any risk assessment paperwork. 

Module Objectives:
  • Demonstrate the ability to define and produce a focused and sustained practical project,
  • Manage effectively my own learning and report on work-in-progress to both, group and tutor,
  • Display conceptual, technical and creative accomplishment and skill in photographic practice,
  • Show in writing a critical engagement with the relationship between theory and practice.

Module Aims:
  • To facilitate my development of an extended, independent and in-depth piece of visual research on a Programme-related topic,
  • To encourage me to further pursuit of practice raised by work undertaken earlier in the course,
  • To provide a forum for the culmination of my practical learning experience, 
  • To promote my self-responsibility, organisation and problem solving skills from early conceptualisation through to exhibition presentation.
_______________________________________________________________________

I know that each bullet point made in this post is achievable for me with the ideas I have.  I need to be focused and positive towards my time management and my organising skills to be able to complete as much as I can do.  The approx. 10 final images will be produced and ready on a CD as well, as I know that will be easy, and so far on my blog I have shown inspirations and examples of my ideas. I know I have a lot more to show and influential work from other photographers that have work similar to my theme.  One thing I do need to think about it how I will display my images at the end of year Exhibition and how many images I will show, but this is something I can think about once this project is complete.

A Statement of Intent was originally wrote out in my first proposal, but I have since had changes to my ideas and my final outcome will be different to what I mentioned, so therefore, I will need to write out a new statement.  My writings and jottings, will be documented along the way, I just need to remember to include everything that I have seen, relevant to my them and style of work.  Rejected work is also something I will definitely include, once I have shot my final images, I will include previous shoots and ideas that have changed.  Evaluations will be last about my shoot and how my planning up to the shoot worked out.

As far as the Objectives go, I think demonstrating and producing a focused practical project should be ok for me as I am really interested in the style, theme and path that I am going along in my topic.  Learning my own work-in-progress is something I have already done, showing both my group my ideas and talking through the 'body' research I have done already with Tutors.  Conceptual, technical and creative accomplishment will be something shown once the final images are completed and a critical engagement between the theory side to all my work and the practice side will also be something explained and talked about near the end of the project and after the final images.

I aim to be able to tick off each module aim, by the end of the project.  I like to think that I usually do, but for this major practical project I am definitely going to keep checking them to make sure.  Independent and in-depth research is something I am currently undertaking with my photography related topic of 'body movements', self-responsibility and organisation, honesty, could have been better, but this is due to idea changes, but the problem solving from beginning to end of project will be used, as i have already.

Like I said, I will keep coming back to these bullet points to make sure I stay on track and complete everything I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment