Monday 26 November 2012

Inspiration Ella Ruth

I found a series of Dance Location Portraits whilst researching, and I think they look lovely, really classy and elegant which is exactly what a dance portrait should look like.  This series is by a Photographer called Ella Ruth.  I have looked at her other work as well and it has given me a lot of inspiration. These two images are my Favourites out of the series.  I would like to do some shoots like this to practice my skills with working with natural lighting on locations.  I love the locations for both these images too, fits perfectly. The positions that the dancer/model is in, is very interesting yet simplistic.  



After looking at these images of the location being the woods, it reminded me of an old shoot that I had done in my first year.  Here are two of the images below which are not edited at all.  I had the model sit in the middle of the tree and I liked the look as if the tree was cradling her in a 'hand' like position, almost reminded me of Thumbelina.  I think that they could be made a lot better with some more preparation and time. If I stick to a Dance theme to my ideas and shoots then I could potentially re-create this shoot but have a dance model posing inside the tree. This is definitely something I will consider and come back to!


I have a lot more inspiration and have been looking at so much dance related fashion photography that I love, and will be sharing very soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment