Wednesday 31 October 2012

Previous Ideas

I have had many ideas for my Major Practical Project throughout my course, but one idea I always think about is the study of the 'body' and for some reason, have had interest in Nude photography.  Over the years I have written essays about Nude's including work into Sally Mann and have researched alot into the subject. I am not 100% sure if I want to produce some Nude work for this assignment but I'd like to work on Fashion photography more and maybe merge both Nude and Fashion photography together. 

I would also like to work on my Location portraiture alot more and work with different lighting techniques outside, this will be good for me to continue after the course has finished and would help me improve in many types of photography. In my projects from year 2, I looked into fashion photography within my research for a number of projects and I would like to extend on that further this year.  

These 5 images below are some Photographs that I produced for the 1st year Exhibition.  I did not submit them into any form of assignment throughout the year but it was something I wanted to try. I was very happy with the final outcome and personally think they worked well in an Exhibition.  It was a bit risky for my first Nude Images but I think I succeeded. I now use these as my own inspiration to extend on how I can work with the body to form some technically better location portraiture work. 




      

Here at the bottom right I have added an image of myself standing next to the images I chose to exhibit (frames are mounts, given by the curators of the exhibition).

I have been looking into many Fashion photographers, Nude photographers and Fine art photographers for inspiration for this initial idea and will show some of the work I like in the next couple of posts. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice job the photos! The sultry angles and black % white effect do a nice job at romanticizing age and development. The chosen model works well with the content.

    ReplyDelete